Digital Dispensary Initiative
As part of its CSR initiative, WBPDCL has started setting up Digital Dispensaries
at its captive Mines and Power Plants. Already such dispensaries has been set-up at Pachwara Coal Mines and
Santaldih Thermal Power Station.
- Ensuring Universal Healthcare Access by targeting atleast 1 OPD with tests &
medication per person of over 90% of population within 5 km radius of the
Center within a one-year period.
Providing minimum set of investigations within the same area to
ensure prompt diagnosis. This will include Malaria/Dengue detection,
Hemoglobin, Blood sugar, BP, Urine analysis, ECG, SpO2, Pregnancy
detection, HIV, Liver & Kidney function tests, tests on different
Blood parameters etc.
Creating linkages with existing Secondary & Tertiary Healthcare facilities nearby and others.
The initiative also enables the employees at Mines and rural mass avail high quality primary healthcare.
Such dispensaries provide the primary healthcare services:
- Consultation with certified doctors (GP and Specialist) through video conference
- Pathological tests and medical investigations.
The facility aims at addressing the following problems:
- Scarcity of doctors in rural areas / underserved areas
- Lack of access to timely and appropriate investigations.
- Lack of Evidence based Medicine & rational healthcare
- High out of pocket expenditure.
- Lack of emergency care & timely diagnosis of a condition.
- High lag between onsets of ailment to start of treatment. Referral Linkages
- Integrating Community Health Workers