Pachhwara North Coal Mine
- The Mine has been allotted to WBPDCL by Ministry of Coal , Govt of India , vide Allotment Order No 103/12/2015/NA DATED 31.03.2015
- M/s Pachhwara Coal Mining Pvt Ltd the SPV of Consortium NCC Ltd & BGR Mining Pvt Ltd is selected as Mine Developer & Operator for this mine and Coal Mining Agreement was signed on 18.10.2016
- The mine re-opening permission was obtained from Coal Controller , Govt of India on 07.12.2018
- The mine was re-opened by WBPDCl on 12.12.2018
- Removal of overburden started on December 2018
- Extraction of coal started on November 2019
Brief description of the Mine
The Pachhwara North coal block is located in the Pakur District of Jharkhand State. It is bounded by the latitudes 24o23’16” to 24o33’54” and longitudes 87o26’17” to 87o29’54”.
The Pachhwara basin is named after the village Pachhwara and forms an integral part of the Rajmahal master basin. The Pachhwara North coal block has been allocated to WBPDCL by the Government of India. The block falls in the Rajmahal area of Eastern Coalfields Ltd.
The coal block is approachable both by rail and road. The nearest railhead is at Pakur at a distance of about 55 km from the mine. The area is approachable by road from the Amrapara-Alubera metalled road.
There are eight co-relatable coal seams, which are named seam-I to t seam-VIII in ascending order. Each coal seam is a composite seam comprising more than one coal seam section with shaly and sandy interbands.
The reserve of the mine is 389 Million Tonne
The Average stripping ratio is 1: 4.2
The Peak rated capacity of the mine is 15 Million Tonne/ year